Thursday 4 August 2011

Assignment 6a (Brochure) & 6b (Booklet)

Assalamualaikum Wbt.

A busy schedule has been as my part and parcel of life. Flooded with myriad of assignments, leave me helpless even to catch my breath. Time management plays a vital role here in ensuring me to get my job done within the time given. Fortunately, this week, we were assigned to create a brochure (Assignment 6a) and a booklet (Assignment 6b). Personally, this week’s task was not as difficult as the one that we did during last week. Well, at least, we could manage it in just a day.

For the tasks given this week, we have to plan, design and create a brochure or leaflet using Microsoft Publisher. Even though I am not an IT savvy, but at least, I have once used Microsoft Publisher and I have no problem in creating a brochure. Once again, the content of the brochure that we produced must be related to the topic for assignment 1, 4 and 5. Basically, what I have put in as the contents were merely the essential things about Computer and Internet Security since that was the topic that my partner, Barbara Kath and I have been discussing about.

The same goes with Assignment 6b. We were told to plan, design and create a booklet using book fold function in Microsoft Word. As for me, I have never created a book let before, so I thought it would be pretty difficult for me to handle but after I discovered it, it was actually a fun thing. It was not that difficult as I thought it would be. I believe, credits shall go to my partner as well as our lecturer for they have shown me a lot of guidance in getting the booklet done. For the booklet, the content was actually the same as in the brochure. However, what made it distinguish with a brochure was that we put in more words as compared to the brochure. Meaning to say, the explanation was actually the only part that varied between a brochure and booklet. People read booklet to get the whole information about something and a brochure just to get the gist of what is going to be told.

In addition, before we proceed with the tasks given, we were exposed to the learning about 2D graphic types such as bitmap and vector images. Moreover, we were also exposed on the image file format. There were various types of format be it JPEG, GIFF, TIFF, BMP, PNG, WMF and so on. Each of this type of format carries different meaning and purposes. After that, we were also told to use the drawing facilities that can be found in the Microsoft Powerpoint and have to come out with a drawing which then should be saved as bitmap graphic, either jpg or bmp. Besides that, there were some other tasks that we were required to do as well such as collaborative drawing with my partner using Google draw in docs.google.com and also came out with a drawing by using OpenOffice.org Draw which later will be used as the graphics which will be used in our assignments (6a & 6b).

Drawing and ICT are just not my cup of tea. I am lousy in both fields. However, it is really no regret to learn about both things. In fact, I could empower my knowledge and enhance it so that I could be a better person in future, a person with sound knowledge not only on Linguistics but also ICT. I have a big dream, which is I hope that I can learn as much as I can from this particular course to make sure that by the end of the semester, I can at least do things that to others they might not know how to do it.

Thank you!
Happy Learning!
Good Day!

AHMAD AZRUL AFEZE BIN AHMAD ROSDI
B.Ed TESL IPGKS-UKM
IPG Kampus Sarawak
Jalan Bakam
98009 Miri
Sarawak

Email                : afezeukm@yahoo.com/afezeukm@gmail.com
Facebook          : http://www.facebook.com/afezeukm
Yahoo group!   :http://groups.yahoo.com/group/afezeukm

No comments:

Post a Comment