Tuesday 16 August 2011

Assignment 9 (Database)


Assalamualaikum Wbt.

First of all, I would like to express my warmest gratitude to The Almighty for with His blessing I have managed to complete all the assignments for this course which is Computer in Education. Honestly, this is one of the most difficult courses that I have ever endured and it was definitely a very fruitful learning process for me as well as to my other course mates. I have learnt a lot form this sole course and I personally believe that the knowledge that I have gained would be really useful in the future as a teacher soon to be.

As I aforementioned in my previous post, this week has been divided into week 7a and 7b. We were assigned to work on 2 assignments for week 7a and an assignment for week 7b. Well, truth to be told, this week was one of the toughest weeks we have ever had and the input that we got was greatly fundamental especially for a teacher. Imagine, tonnes of assignments being given in a week! Honestly, I thought I could not make it in the first place, but thank God I could manage it in the end. Even I myself could not believe it! But, whatever it is, I am so relieved that I have completed all the assignments given in within the frame time given.

Back to our business, what was the assignment assigned to us for this week? For the final task, we were asked to create a student database by using Database Open Office. This was my very first time of using database in the Open Office. Of course, it was all Greek to me in the first place. We were then asked to plan, create and edit a simple database for student management information in creative, innovative and ethical ways. It was hard for me to handle in the first place. But, luckily, our lecturer, Mr. Fariduddin was indeed helpful as he was willing to show us how to create the database. I managed to complete it within few minutes only with the help from my brilliant partner Barbara Kath Anak Nipo. She was really awesome as she has helped me a lot in getting our assignments done. I am really grateful and thankful for that.

Personally, I strongly believe that database is one of the most essential components for any organisation be it a school, company, and so on. It is amazing how technology has made everything seems so convenient and ease the burden for us in getting our task done. However, in order to utilise the use of technology to the fullest, one really needs to have sound knowledge in ICT. Based on my exposure on ICT for about 7 excruciating weeks, I have realised how significant the role of technology in our everyday lives. Every chore is possible to be carried out by using technology. For example, bill payment, online banking, online shopping, distance learning, communication and so many other interesting things!

That is one of the reasons why some people could not live without the internet. Internet has so far brought a lot of benefits to us, the human kinds. But, it is undeniable that it has also brought along some negative impacts in our lives. However, it depends on the individual to incorporate the good things in their lives instead of taking the negative ones. After all, I believe that everyone agrees that education field is one of the fields that have changes abruptly as a result of the modernisation in technology. In Malaysia for instance, it is no longer possible for the students to have a video conference with our Prime Minister or any other Ministers to discuss some hotly debated issues. In fact, it is also no longer possible for a student to pursue his study from his home, it is called home schooling.

Thus, can you see how great technology is? And how crucial it is to us the users? Therefore, I personally urge everybody especially those who are going to become a teacher in the future to equip themselves with the knowledge about ICT so that they can be an all rounded person. Once again, I am really thankful to be able to learn this particular course and I believe I have managed to achieve my goal for this course which is to learn as much as possible to improve my knowledge about ICT specifically since I am a bit of a computer illiterate.

I would like to take this opportunity to bid a token of appreciation to our course coordinator, Dr. Siti Fatimah Mohd. Yassin for her endless guidance. Not forgetting, to our favourite course lecturer, Mr. Muhd Fariduddin Wajdi Anthony for showing us his dedication and giving us so much contribution to get us through this course successfully. Last but not least, a bunch of thank to my fellow partner, Barbara Kath Anak Nipo for lending me her helping hand whenever I am in trouble and also to my other fellow course mates for giving me their fullest cooperation throughout this entire course.

Thank you!
Happy Learning!
Good Day!

AHMAD AZRUL AFEZE BIN AHMAD ROSDI
B.Ed TESL IPGKS-UKM
IPG Kampus Sarawak
Jalan Bakam
98009 Miri
Sarawak

Email                : afezeukm@yahoo.com/afezeukm@gmail.com
Facebook          : http://www.facebook.com/afezeukm
Yahoo group!   :http://groups.yahoo.com/group/afezeukm



No comments:

Post a Comment